Week 2; Day 2

is done. thank God.

I had a rushed afternoon yesterday.  Or maybe it was just that it felt rushed because I had a whole bunch of little piddly things to do.  After work, I wanted to rinse the dirt and dust off my vehicle so I stopped at a nearby car wash before heading home.  Got that done and once at home I changed into my running gear and made sure I had my ear muffs, garmin, and ear buds ready to go.  Then had to go downtown to get my bangs trimmed and some waxing done for a wedding this weekend.  I gotta wear a skirt.  Really.  It’s going to be so uncomfortable.  But I digress.  I just barely made it out to the park road with my car (which just made it dusty all over again) on time.  Got the ear muffs on, attached the ear buds and started up the Couch25k program on my phone.  Week 2, day 2.  Exciting.

After waiting a moment for running buddy to show up, we started our warm-up walk, during which time I set my garmin and started the timer, and pushed start on my phone.  After about 4 minutes of walking, my phone told me to run – so run we did.  For about 30 seconds.  Then my phone told us to walk.  So we did.  I knew something was wrong – week 2, day 2 of the program had running sections of 90 seconds, not 30.  But we went with it.  Another two minutes of walking, then we ran.  30 seconds.  Then walked.  I tried to make the program reset itself and sometime after that second “run”, it finally started working correctly.  I don’t know what happened.  Anyways, we lost some time obviously, but whatever.

This was another difficult run.  My knees hurt, my lungs were burning.  Yeah, mostly my lungs were burning and it felt like I was going to hurl at any moment.  Those are the days where you wish you were running alone on an empty road so no one would ever know.  It was 20 long minutes of wanting to hurl at around the one minute mark of each run section.  I hope i’m not getting sick again.

So, I gotta figure this out, right?  What the heck was the problem?

1) What did I drink during the day?  3 litres of water, 1 cup strong coffee with a square of brown sugar.

2) What did I eat during the day?  AM – oatmeal, PM – turkey and mashed potatoes, 1 serving cheesies (it’s my weakness).  More?  Less? Knock the cheesies? (you gotta know I can’t do that).

3) How was I feeling during the day?  Good.  Coughing a little, sneezed a few times, but good.  Now, mentally is another story altogether.  I’m starting to think i’m nothing but a big grump most workdays.

4) How much sleep did I get the night before?  The required 7 – 8 hours.  I don’t know exactly, but I do know that I would’ve been in bed by 11 and up around 7.

Help?  I figure it’s either mental and I need to kick the ass that’s hanging around in my brain, or i’m still sick and I just don’t realize it.  That would be strange seeing as I like to whine and complain about EVERYTHING.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s